Last Saturday we had a serious wind and rain storm. I was in my bathroom blow drying my hair while the littles were napping. I came out to the hallway and noticed how dark it was outside for being 4pm. I look out the window and the winds were crazy. It was turning into a micro burst and FAST. I went and got Joseph to bring him into Thomas and Emma's room and just as Thomas and Emma woke up Emma pointed to the clouds and said, "look at the clouds."
I have never seen anything like it. They were the fastest moving clouds I have ever seen.
Then I got nervous.
The winds were increasing.
I saw shingles flying in the road and branches off of trees flying through the air.
We even started feeling it on our house. Our house walls were slightly moving.
Thomas kept admiring the clouds while I found Emma frightened and turned away, on her knees saying a prayer.
My heart went out to her. She was so scared.
I assured her we would be ok and that the storm would pass.
We all kept repeating that "good thing the foundation of our house is strong." Remembering some past family home evenings. :)
Derek called me while he was at Copy Tec down the road and told me what the clouds looked like up at our house. He said it looks like a tornado was starting.
Ok, now I was worried.
By the time he came home, the winds had settled down but the floods were coming down. Crazy.
As it turns out, neighbors roofs and pergolas were damaged and someone even saw a tent fly 100 feet into the air and ended up in our back neighbors yard. A few basements had flooded down the road. One of our city water pipes broke so it left our water contaminated. Thank goodness for stored water bottles. Phew!
The water finally lifted up yesterday morning.
As we were cleaning our back yard a couple days ago, Emma mentioned we should find someone that makes paper and give them our branches. I told her I don't know anyone specifically that makes paper.
She insisted that we leave the branches on the front lawn in case anyone wants to grab them to make paper or houses or something.
There you have it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment